Welcome to the Leeds Microscopical
Society web site
- Two dates for your diary: Saturday 16th September: PMS/QMS all day meeting at Penkridge - Everyone welcome, members or not. and Saturday 7th October PMS all day meeting at Pool in Wharfedale - Everyone welcome including non members
- A provisional programme for 2017/18 is now available via link above (latest update 14 Sept)
- A 'Virtual bee dissection', a joint venture between LMS and Harrogate & Ripon Beekeepers Association is now available ..click here
- We had a successful open meeting at Morley again this year. In the afternoon there was a beautiful video "Friends, Food, Forts and Families" produced by Gordon Fitton (click here) and a talk "Tooth Enamel (a woven rock)" by Roger Shore (click here)
- The Society has received further funding from the Quekett - see below
A DIC stack image of a nail varnish leaf peel from the underside of an ivy leaf (provided by Mike Smith):
The Society has again received a further grant of £400 from the Quekett Microscopical Club. As on previous occasions, this is to be used in accordance with their charitable aims of promoting interest and education in microscopy. We are therefore in a position to continue to make our annual meeting at Morley free to all. In addition we can also retain our subscription rate at £5 per annum. "On behalf of the LMS and its members I would like to thank the Quekett for its continued generosity" - Mike Smith, Hon. Sec
Slide library ...
The society has a library of zoological, botanical and mineral specimen slides, which can be examined either by stereo or compound microscope and are available on loan to members. The collection has been donated by members and is added to frequently - please contact John Ramsbottam
Click the icon to enter the 'Virtual Microscope' project ....