Welcome to the Leeds Microscopical
Society web site
- Date for the diary - don't forget our annual Morley meeting on the 3rd June which is open to all. more (including map)...
- The Society has received further funding from the Quekett - see below
- For images from our recent session on Victorian and unusual slides - click here
- John Chapman's talk on 'Maintaining your microscope' is now available under 'Docs/files' above
- For some amazingly beautiful images of freshwater life - click here (thanks to Mike for the link)
A DIC stack image of a nail varnish leaf peel from the underside of an ivy leaf (provided by Mike Smith):
The Society has again received a further grant of £400 from the Quekett Microscopical Club. As on previous occasions, this is to be used in accordance with their charitable aims of promoting interest and education in microscopy. We are therefore in a position to continue to make our annual meeting at Morley free to all. In addition we can also retain our subscription rate at £5 per annum. "On behalf of the LMS and its members I would like to thank the Quekett for its continued generosity" - Mike Smith, Hon. Sec
Slide library ...
The society has a library of zoological, botanical and mineral specimen slides, which can be examined either by stereo or compound microscope and are available on loan to members. The collection has been donated by members and is added to frequently - please contact John Ramsbottam
Click the icon to enter the 'Virtual Microscope' project ....